5 Health Benefits of Coffee:
If you are already a Coffee Lover, then you already know why having a glass daily is amazing! But there are real Health Benefits of drinking a Latte!
1) Coffee is great for your skin! Studies have shown that drinking coffee daily can reduce your chances of developing skin cancer…
Drinking coffee may help you to ward off the most diagnosed form of skin cancer! A studyin the journal Cancer Research that looked specifically at the caffeine in coffee demonstrated that coffee drinkers had a lower risk of developing basal cell carcinoma.
2) Just smelling coffee and it’s rich aroma could make you less stressed!
Researchers at the Seoul National University examined the brains of rats who were stressed with sleep deprivation and discovered that those who were exposed to coffee aromas experienced changes in brain proteins tied to that stress.
3) Coffee is great for your liver also, especially if you drink Alcohol. Having a few too many drinks is proven to be ultra-damaging to your body’s liver, and yet drinking coffee might be beneficial to preventing that.
A study published in 2006 that included 125,000 people over 22 years showed thatthose who drink at least one cup of coffee a day were 20 percent less to develop liver cirrhosis — an autoimmune disease caused by excessive alcohol consumption that could lead to liver failure and cancer.
4) Coffee may also help fight depression… we knew we loved Starbucks on a rough Monday Morning!
Start your day with a smile: A joint study from the National Institutes of Health and the AARP discovered that folks who quaffed four or more cups of java a day were 10 percent less likely to be depressed than someone who didn’t drink coffee at all.
5) Coffee is a powerful workout booster! Want to run longer on the treadmill or spin farther in class? Try having a cup of coffee or an iced latte pre-workout…
Scientists and many athletes have known for years, of course, that a cup of coffee before a workout jolts athletic performance, especially in endurance sports like distance running and cycling. Caffeine has been proven to increase the number of fatty acids circulating in the bloodstream, which enables people to run or pedal longer (since their muscles can absorb and burn that fat for fuel and save the body’s limited stores of carbohydrates until later in the workout).
So if you love coffee, drink up! Coffee has many health benefits for your body! Check out one of our favorite Starbucks Tumblr pages for more coffee stories and pics!! CLICK HERE!