Comfort Food Chili Recipe:
This 30 minute Chili Recipe from Southern Living is a classic comfort food favorite, especially during cold weather. This easy and quick Chili recipe will serve 8 people and it tastes amazing! Here is what you will need to get started:
Chili Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup Chili Seasoning Mix
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery, and onion
- 2 (8-oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (16-oz.) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can small red beans, undrained
- 1. Brown beef in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes or until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well. Return beef to Dutch oven; sprinkle evenly with seasoning mix, and sauté 1 minute over medium-high heat.
- 2. Stir in diced tomatoes and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Italian-Style Chili: Substitute 1 lb. Italian pork sausage and 1 lb. lean ground beef for 2 lb. lean ground beef. Remove casings from sausage, and discard; brown sausage and ground beef together as directed. Omit beans, and stir in 1 small onion, diced; 1 green bell pepper, diced; 2 small zucchini, diced; and remaining ingredients. Proceed with recipe as directed. Serve chili over hot cooked spaghetti noodles tossed with olive oil and chopped fresh cilantro. Makes 6 to 8 servings. Prep: 10 min., Cook: 25 min.
For more easy Dinner Recipes, CLICK HERE!