Easy Fig Recipes:
For more Holiday Side Dishes, CLICK HERE!
Try this healthy vegan recipes if you are eating right this holiday season! This Simple Spiced Fig recipe from Whole Foods is also low fat, dairy free, and gluten free. Figs make a great Christmas Dinner side dish and they are high in fiber.
Nutritional Facts: Serving size: 2 figs, 100 calories (0 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugar), 1g protein
To get started on this Simple Fig Recipe, you will need:
- 2 cups Gran Conti Sangiovese, or other dry red wine
- 24 mixed dried figs (about 2 1/2 cups or 10 oz, such as black mission and white Turkish figs
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons 365 Everyday Value® Organic Mountain Forest Honey Amber
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Zest of 1 orange, removed in wide strips using a vegetable peeler
For the cooking method and complete recipe, visit Whole Foods Market online.
For the Best Healthy Soup Recipes, CLICK HERE!