4th of July Desserts for your festive Red, White & Blue Party! This classic NYC cheesecake recipe from Jamie Oliver is more American than apple pie!
Jamie Oliver’s Lime Flavoured Cheesecake Recipe is perfect for 4th of July Parties
Have a sweet tooth? Check out this decadent chocolate linguine recipe from Giada, CLICK HERE!
This scrumptious Cheesecake recipe serves 10-14 people and it can be served at Summer Parties, including July 4th Celebrations!
Here is what you will need to get started:
- 350 g digestive biscuits
- 120 g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 900 g light or low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 150 g caster sugar
- 5 large eggs, preferably free-range or organic
- Juice of 6 limes, (approx. 125ml)
- 1 vanilla pod, halved lengthways and seeds scraped out, or 1 tablespoon good-quality vanilla extract
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
For The Meringue Topping:
- 3 large egg whites, preferably free-range or organic (the yolks can be used for making scambled eggs)
- 110 g caster sugar
- 40 g desiccated coconut
To see the complete nutritional value of this dessert, click here!
For the cooking instructions, or method, visit JamieOliver.com and see the complete step by step details!
For more sweet treats, visit TastyFoodSnacks.com Dessert Menu, or CLICK HERE!