After putting up the Christmas decorations and wrapping up gifts, another thing that you should prepare for Christmas is appetizers. These are holiday snacks that you can serve to your family and friends before your Christmas dinner or other holiday party occasions.
If you’re thinking of what Christmas appetizers to prepare, we will be glad to help you. These cute Christmas appetizers will surely be loved by you, your family, friends, or guests. These are great for Christmas themed parties or if you just want to feel that Christmas is just around. Here are some of the best appetizers that even picky eater would love to eat.
Crudite Christmas Tree
- 1-pound celery, cut into 2 to 3-inch pieces
- 2 head broccoli, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, whole and 3 thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced into rounds
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut horizontally
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into pieces
- On a large plate, make the outline of the tree. Create a trunk using celery sticks.
- Fill in the tree with broccoli and trunk with sliced mushrooms.
- Arrange the carrots and cherry tomatoes according to the shape of the garland. Put it on top of the broccoli.
- Place few tomatoes at the end of celery branches as ornaments.
- Place the yellow bell pepper by its side on top of the tree to make a star.
- Surround the whole tree with cauliflower and mushrooms.
- Serve with your favorite dip on the side of the large plate.
Christmas Tree Cheese
- Cheese wedges
- Chili flakes
- Savory star
- Toothpicks or satay sticks
- Gently skew the cheese wedges on the satay stick or toothpick.
- Sprinkle shaved tops of broccoli florets and chili flakes.
- Put the savory star on top.
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 or 2 green bell peppers, sliced into squares
- Mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Take a toothpick and gently skew one tomato.
- Insert the sliced green peppers.
- Add the mozzarella cheese.
Baybel Cheese Santa
- Food marker
- Unwrap the half part of Baybel as it will be the hat.
- Draw the eyes using the food marker
- Cut a little circle from the wax wrapper of the Baybel and place it on the Baybel as a nose.
- Carefully dip the Baybel to cream cheese to make a beard.
- Insert to the stick.
- Place a marshmallow on top.
- Put a little cream cheese on the lower edge of the hat with the help of the stick.
- Cut a little strip of seaweed and place it to make a mouth.
- 6 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 6 small eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 carrot, peeled
- Skewer or BBQ stick
- Uncooked pasta
- Remove the egg shells.
- Cut the ends of the carrot.
- Slice the carrot from each end to make small and large round slices.
- Cut the top and bottom part of the eggs so it can stand and will not roll.
- Insert the stick at the center of the eggs and carrots then remove it. It will make a way for the pasta to be inserted.
- Insert the pasta inside the large boiled eggs followed by the small boiled eggs. Then add the large round carrots and followed by the small round carrots.
- Cut off the excess pasta. It should not be seen out of the carrots nor at the bottom of the eggs.
- Lightly insert the stick onto the small eggs to make holes for eyes and nose. Do the same on the large eggs to make buttons.
- Put a peppercorn in every hole.
- Cut small triangular shape in the carrot and insert it on the small eggs to make a nose.
- Stick a parsley sprig on each side of the eggs as it will be its hands.
Festive Cheese Spread
- 2 packages or 16 ounces Cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon California style garlic pepper with red bell and black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon thyme leaves
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- Plastic wrap
- Baking sheet
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter in large bowl on medium speed until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients except for red bell pepper and beat well.
- Cover the top of the baking sheet with plastic wrap.
- Spoon the cheese mixture onto the plastic wrap to form a candy cane shape.
- Fold up plastic wrap over cheese.
- Refrigerate to 4 hours or until cheese is firm or overnight.
- Unwrap the cheese mixture.
- Put in a serving plate.
- Smooth entire shape with spatula or knife.
- Garnish with bell pepper.
- Serve with assorted crackers or biscuits.
Appetizers are the small meals offered before the main course. It is taken to stimulate one’s appetite. These recipes are easy and can be done by kids with a little supervision. Making these Christmas appetizers can be a fun and a creative way to bond with your children during the holiday season.