After putting up the Christmas decorations and wrapping up gifts, another thing that you should prepare for Christmas is appetizers. These are holiday snacks that you can serve to your family and friends before your Christmas dinner or other holiday party occasions.
If you’re thinking of what Christmas appetizers to prepare, we will be glad to help you. These cute Christmas appetizers will surely be loved by you, your family, friends, or guests. Here are some of the best appetizers that even picky eater would love to eat.
Crudite Christmas Tree
- 1-pound celery, cut into 2 to 3-inch pieces
- 2 head broccoli, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, whole and 3 thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced into rounds
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut horizontally
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into pieces
- On a large plate, make the outline of the tree. Create a trunk using celery sticks.
- Fill in the tree with broccoli and trunk with sliced mushrooms.
- Arrange the carrots and cherry tomatoes according to the shape of the garland. Put it on top of the broccoli.
- Place few tomatoes at the end of celery branches as ornaments.
- Place the yellow bell pepper by its side on top of the tree to make a star.
- Surround the whole tree with cauliflower and mushrooms.
- Serve with your favorite dip on the side of the large plate.
Christmas Tree Cheese
- Cheese wedges
- Chili flakes
- Savory star
- Toothpicks or satay sticks
- Gently skew the cheese wedges on the satay stick or toothpick.
- Sprinkle shaved tops of broccoli florets and chili flakes.
- Put the savory star on top.
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 or 2 green bell peppers, sliced into squares
- Mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Take a toothpick and gently skew one tomato.
- Insert the sliced green peppers.
- Add the mozzarella cheese.
Baybel Cheese Santa
- Food marker
- Unwrap the half part of Baybel as it will be the hat.
- Draw the eyes using the food marker
- Cut a little circle from the wax wrapper of the Baybel and place it on the Baybel as a nose.
- Carefully dip the Baybel to cream cheese to make a beard.
- Insert to the stick.
- Place a marshmallow on top.
- Put a little cream cheese on the lower edge of the hat with the help of the stick.
- Cut a little strip of seaweed and place it to make a mouth.
View this post on Instagram
- 6 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 6 small eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 carrot, peeled
- Skewer or BBQ stick
- Uncooked pasta
- Remove the egg shells.
- Cut the ends of the carrot.
- Slice the carrot from each end to make small and large round slices.
- Cut the top and bottom part of the eggs so it can stand and will not roll.
- Insert the stick at the center of the eggs and carrots then remove it. It will make a way for the pasta to be inserted.
- Insert the pasta inside the large boiled eggs followed by the small boiled eggs. Then add the large round carrots and followed by the small round carrots.
- Cut off the excess pasta. It should not be seen out of the carrots nor at the bottom of the eggs.
- Lightly insert the stick onto the small eggs to make holes for eyes and nose. Do the same on the large eggs to make buttons.
- Put a peppercorn in every hole.
- Cut small triangular shape in the carrot and insert it on the small eggs to make a nose.
- Stick a parsley sprig on each side of the eggs as it will be its hands.
Festive Cheese Spread
- 2 packages or 16 ounces Cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon California style garlic pepper with red bell and black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon thyme leaves
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- Plastic wrap
- Baking sheet
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter in large bowl on medium speed until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients except for red bell pepper and beat well.
- Cover the top of the baking sheet with plastic wrap.
- Spoon the cheese mixture onto the plastic wrap to form a candy cane shape.
- Fold up plastic wrap over cheese.
- Refrigerate to 4 hours or until cheese is firm or overnight.
- Unwrap the cheese mixture.
- Put in a serving plate.
- Smooth entire shape with spatula or knife.
- Garnish with bell pepper.
- Serve with assorted crackers or biscuits.
Cranberry Brie Bites
- Crescent Dough – 1 Tube, 8 oz.
- Cooking Spray – For Skillet
- Flour – For Surface
- Brie – 1 Wheel, 8 oz.
- Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce – 1/2 Cup
- Walnuts – 1/4 Cup, Chopped
- Sprigs Rosemary – 6, Cut into 1” pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375° and grease the mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the crescent dough and bring the seams together. Cut into 24 squares and place them in the slots of muffin tins.
- Now cut the brie into small places and place it in the crescent dough. Use a sprig of rosemary, a few chopped walnuts, and a tablespoon of cranberry sauce for garnishing.
- Bake them for about 15 minutes until the crescent pastry is golden.
- Mozzarella Pearls
- Green Olives
- Black Olives
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Mini Pickles
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Large Toothpicks
- Gather all antipasto ingredients and prepare the ingredients for cubing, slicing, and chopping.
- On large toothpicks, prick the ingredients and arrange them in the shape of a crown.
- Tuck the rosemary sprigs evenly around the crown.
- Use a large round dish for serving.
- Refrigerate it until ready to serve.
Cute Christmas Appetizers
- Wheat Bread – 8 Ounces
- Colby Jack Cheese – 6 Slices, 1/4” Thick
- Summer Sausage – 28 Slices, 1/4” Thick
- Cherry Tomatoes – 6, Halved
- Butter Lettuce – 12 Leaves
- Cut the Colby cheese into six slices and summer sausage into 12 slices. Each slice should be 1/4 inch thick.
- To cut the bread slices into a star shape, you can use a star-shaped cookie cutter. Cut 24 stars (12 large, 12 medium).
- Cut 36 stars from the cheese: 12 large, 12 medium, and 12 small.
- Cut 36 stars from the summer sausage slices: 12 large, 12 medium, and 12 small.
- Now cut the cherry tomatoes in half and rub the cut side with a paper towel to soak up the excess juice.
- Cut 12 stars in the butter lettuce. Also, you can cut 12 small pieces of lettuce if you don’t want to mess with the cookie-cutter.
- Now place all the star toppings in the refrigerator for 10 minutes before serving or assembling.
- Assemble the appetizers by placing the cherry tomato cut side down. Insert a toothpick in the center of the cherry tomato. Now carefully place all the ingredients horizontally on the toothpick in order:
- Large Sausage Star
- Large Cheese Star
- Large Bread Star
- Large Lettuce
- Medium Sausage Star
- Medium Cheese Star
- Medium Bread Star
- Now cover the toothpick with a small cheese vertically. Also, don’t press the layers and slightly stack each layer without breaking the toothpick.
- Arrange the finished appetizers on the serving platter.
- You can use the extra cutouts from the ingredients for garnishing.
View this post on Instagram
Cute Christmas Appetizers – Stimulate One’s Appetite
Appetizers are the small meals offered before the main course. It is taken to stimulate one’s appetite. These recipes are easy and can be done by kids with a little supervision. Making these Christmas appetizers can be a fun and a creative way to bond with your children during the holiday season.
During Christmas, if you want to feel more festive, then try making cute Christmas appetizers. Also, they help you to make a platter of desserts that makes your guests want more. Most Christmas appetizers are in the shape of Santa, Christmas trees, or other ornaments that become the center of attention in the gathering.