SpongeBob SquarePants is one of the most famous cartoon characters. The American television series was made by the animator and former marine biologist Stephen Hillenburg. The series was officially aired on July 17, 1999, in the United States on Nickelodeon.
The SpongeBob series has won a variety of awards. With its popularity, the series made it to a multimedia franchise. The franchise earned about 13 billion dollars for Nickelodeon in merchandise revenue.
Many kids love the animated series and the character of SpongeBob SquarePants. With the show’s popularity, the popular YouTube channel, Nerdy Nummies, includes a recipe for lemon bar inspired by SpongeBob. Nerdy Nummies is one of the most well-known baking channels in the world of YouTube.
The SpongeBob Lemon Bars are the same as typical lemon bars. But instead of topping the lemon bars with sugar, they will be topped with sweet icing. These lemon bars are a perfect combination of tangy and sweet flavors. Below is the recipe.
LEMON BAR CRUST INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
LEMON BAR MIXTURE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 lemon, fresh
SPONGEBOB DESIGN INGREDIENTS:
- Icing, color black, pink, blue, and white
For lemon bar crust:
- Put 1 cup of unsalted butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the butter with a mixer until it became fluffy.
- Slowly add ½ cup of sugar then mix.
- Add ½ teaspoon of salt to the mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the 2 cups of flour into the bowl while continuously mixing.
- Get a square baking pan and grease it with butter or oil.
- The batter should be look like a dough. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Press the dough gently flat in the pan.
- Bake it in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
For lemon bar mixture:
- Zest 1 fresh lemon and put it in a bowl.
- Squeeze the lemons to have an 2/3 cup extract of lemon juice.
- Pour 1 cup of sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Add ½ cup of flour into the bowl.
- Whisk together the sugar and the flour before adding the other ingredients.
- Add 4 eggs then mix. The egg yolks will help to make the mixture color yellow.
- Add the lemon zest and the 2/3 cup of lemon juice into the mixture.
- Mix all together until the mixture is evenly mixed.
- Take out the pan in the oven. Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before adding the mixture into the pan.
- Put the mixture on top of the baked dough in the pan.
- Bake all together in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put it in the fridge to chill for 3 hours or leave it overnight.
For SpongeBob design:
- Take out the pan in the fridge.
- Cut the final product into squares. You can cut it in small, medium or large size squares.
- Draw two circles for SpongeBob’s eyeballs with the white icing.
- Get the blue icing and make the small part of the eyes inside the eyeballs.
- Take the pink icing and make the cheeks of SpongeBob by making two small circles each just below his eyeballs.
- With the black icing, make his eyelashes by drawing 3 lines each above the eyeballs.
- Use the same black icing to make the smiley face. Under the cheeks, draw a curved line connecting the two cheeks.
- Get the white frosting and make SpongeBob’s two front teeth. Draw two small front teeth at the center below of his smile.
- Scoop off the top of one lemon bar and put it in a piping bag.
- Draw a little circle in between of the cheeks for the nose.
This recipe is perfect since the lemon bars are very tart and the icing used for decorations are sweet. The icing will balance out the lemony flavor of the bar with its sugary taste. The final outcome of the lemon bars is excellent especially the texture of the top of the lemon bar because it is a bit spongy. Similar to SpongeBob’s physical appearance. This can be an activity for children who also like the cartoon character. It is a fun and easy recipe.