Gravy is a sauce that is usually made from the juices of meats and can be used as a sauce for fried or grilled dishes. It is very easy to make and there are lots of recipes you can find in cookbooks as well as online. One of the best gravy recipes we found is from Giada de Laurentiis.
Giada de Laurentiis whose full name is Giada Pamela de Laurentiis is an Italian-born American chef, writer, and television personality. She became famous for hosting a show on Food Network, “Giada at Home” and “Everyday Italian.” She won two awards: Outstanding Daytime Host for “Everyday Italian” at Daytime Emmy Awards in 2008 and Outstanding Host for “Giada at Home” at Gracie Awards in 2012.
Giada took up her culinary degree at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris as an aspiring pastry chef. She is now the founder of the catering business, GDL Foods. She was inducted into the Culinary Hall of Fame in 2012. She shares her recipes on the Food Network website. She also released 9 cookbooks since 2005. Her two books landed in number one spot on The New York Times Best Seller list.
Some of her recipes are made from scratch. Here is the recipe for her yummy gravy that is made from raw ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons fat oils, from any type of roasted meat
- 2 cups broth or bouillon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup of cold water
- Cook fat oils and broth until hot in a roasting pan or saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir cornstarch and water until smooth in a small bowl. Then add to the pan.
- Constantly stir with a wire whisk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and allow to boil for another minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
A dash of poultry seasoning can be added for chicken and turkey gravies and a sprinkle of thyme for beef or a pinch of rosemary for pork for added aroma.
Gravy has a ton of variety such as cream gravy, chocolate gravy, mushroom gravy, onion gravy, vegetarian gravy, and more. It is commonly partnered with meats like pork, chicken, beef or lamb.
The gravy recipe can be made by beginners in the kitchen. It is easy to prepare and takes a little amount of time. It only takes 5 minutes for preparation and 5 minutes of cooking time. It can be ready in a total of 10 minutes. This gravy recipe can supply up to 8 servings.
Giada’s gravy recipe is a delicious sauce that can be paired with any meat. But her perfect gravy recipe is best paired with Giada de Laurentiis marinated lamb chop recipe. The appetizing recipe is listed below.
Marinated Lamb Chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon or about ½ teaspoon, zested
- 1 lemon or about 2 tablespoons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 8 lamb loin chops or about 4 ounces, trimmed of all visible fat
- Stir together the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Put the lamb chops in a sealable plastic bag.
- Pour the marinade over the lamb chops.
- Move the chops around in the bag to allow the marinade to coat the chops well.
- Marinate for about 1 hour.
- Grill or broil the chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
If fresh oregano leaves are not available, 2 tablespoons of dried oregano can be used instead.
This marinated lamb chop recipe can serve up to 4 people. It takes 15 minutes to prepare, 1 hour for the marinating process, and only 8 minutes for the cooking time. It needs a total of 1 hour and 23 minutes to serve.
Tip: while waiting for 1 hour to marinate the lamb chops, it will be convenient to prepare and cook the gravy until the marinating process is done.
This best-paired gravy and lamb chops recipe is great for holiday seasons like Christmas or New Year’s Eve. It can also be the perfect meal for a special dinner date that you personally prepared. It can also be the most excellent dish for Thanksgiving, just replace the lamb chops with turkey and serve.
The tangy marinated lamb chops really go along with the smooth gravy sauce. This perfect partnership can be served on any occasion.