How To Make Butterfly Cake:
For more Birthday Cake Ideas, CLICK HERE!
Spring time cakes like this adorable Butterfly Cake, are fun and easy to make! Use this simple recipe to make a cute Butterfly Cake.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- Tray or cardboard (10×10 inches), covered with wrapping paper and plastic food wrap or foil
Frosting and Decorations:
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 1 candy stick (8 to 10 inches long)
- Betty Crocker® gel food colors (in desired colors)
- Betty Crocker® decorating gel (from 0.68-oz tube) in any color
- Betty Crocker® colored sugars
- jelly beans or candy coated almonds
- Small round candy decorations
Cut out the butterfly wings-
- Start with a 9’ round cake and using a serrated knife cut off the dome. Flip it over. (It’s best to chill your cakes in the freezer for about 30 to 45 minutes before cutting them to reduce the number of crumbs.)
- Cut it in half right down the middle, keeping the two halves together so that it still looks like a round cake.
- To make the wings cut/form a peace sign from the two halves, using toothpicks to guide your lines.
- Remove the toothpicks, flip over the pieces and rotate them to make wings. Basically the edges of the cake will now be facing inwards and be spread apart slightly to make four distinct areas.
- For a bigger butterfly cake you can modify the recipe by adding a second layer of cake on top of the base. If you decide to put a second layer on the cake it’s a good idea to do the crumb coat (see below) before you cut it out.
This Easy Cake Recipe comes from Betty Crocker…To see the compete frosting and cake decoration instructions, CLICK HERE!
Check out our Dessert Section on TastyFoodSnacks!